Kaiser Permanente is America’s leading healthcare provider, working towards availability or affordable healthcare services. They cover emergency room visits under their insurance with various other plans and medical situations. Such coverage helps the policyholder to be relieved of financial tensions during the time of medical urgency.
In this article, we shall be discussing the cost of a Kaiser emergency room visit under insurance. Read below to know more.
How Much Is Kaiser’s Emergency Room Visit With Insurance?
|S.No||Types Of Charges||Description|
|1.||Emergency Room Care Charges||Kaiser charges $150 per visit for emergency room care, which is provided for medical situations requiring immediate medical attention to prevent the condition from worsening.|
|2.||Copayment Waiver For Inpatient Admission||The copayment for emergency room care is waived if the patient is admitted to the hospital as an inpatient, meaning they are required to stay overnight for further treatment and observation.|
|3.||Emergency Transportation Charges||In the case of availing emergency transportation, Kaiser charges $300 per trip. This covers the cost of transportation to the hospital when it is deemed necessary due to the severity of the medical condition.|
|4.||Urgent Care Charges And Coverage||For urgent care services, Kaiser charges $50 per visit, and coverage extends to Non-Plan providers when temporarily outside the service area. Urgent care clinics and other healthcare facilities offering adequate services for emergency medical conditions can be utilized.|
The charges may vary for medical conditions and insurance, and different rules may apply. For those, visit Kaiser’s Summary Of Benefits.
Do I Get Emergency Aftercare?
If your condition needs care even after the emergency has stabilized; in that case, you will be required to contact Kaiser Permanente. For that, the services included in the aftercare can be covered under the plan. Facility fees with a plan provider are $500 daily, and none with a non-plan provider.
Cases Covered Under Kaiser Permanente
These are some of the emergencies people come with at Kaiser Permanente:
1. Severe shortness of breath.
2. Chest pain or discomfort that may travel to the wrist, neck, shoulder, or back
3. Unexpected onset of excruciating pain in the stomach.
4. Serious injuries following a car collision, such as stab wounds or gunshot wounds.
5. Labour when a safe transfer to a designated location is not possible hospital before giving birth.
Steps For An Emergency:
If you suspect immediate medical attention, dial 911 or go to the hospital that is closest to you. The staff will surely assist you in providing the best possible care.
Once you get a little stable from the condition, contact Kaiser Permanente and inform them that you have received emergency care and been admitted to the hospital. Their team will contact the doctor treating you and further discuss the condition, health plan coverage information, and the next possible step.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get aftercare covered by Kaiser Permanente:
- Make sure that you contact Kaiser as soon as possible, as getting aftercare covered will relieve you from the financial responsibility.
- Once Kaiser approves the post-stabilization care, the doctor looking after you will get authorized and proceed with the treatment. If the aftercare services are not approved, Kaiser will provide the patient with another qualified doctor who will provide the right aftercare.
- Kaiser also provides transportation needs to certain patients as inclusion in aftercare. Therefore, do not forget to ask your doctor questions regarding your aftercare approval.
How To Apply For A Kaiser Insurance?
The process to apply for Kaiser insurance is long, so read the entire document carefully before you fill in your details. Also, scan through everything properly and seek help from an expert in case of doubts. Always visit the website to get precise information.
Medical urgencies can be pretty unpredictable; therefore, it is essential to have health insurance that covers various medical services and is also under the budget. We hope this article helped our readers deeply dive into Kaiser’s emergency room visits under insurance. Here it is summarized:
- Kaiser charges $150 per visit for emergency room care and is referred to a medical situation requiring immediate medical attention to prevent the condition from worsening.
- Copayment is waived if admitted to the hospital as an inpatient.
- If you avail of Emergency transportation, Kaiser charges $300 per trip. In the case of urgent care, it is $50 per visit, with Non-Plan providers covered when temporarily outside the service area.
- These services can be availed in a licensed hospital’s emergency room or other clinics that offer adequate services for emergency medical conditions.
You may also like other posts related to insurance: How to get septoplasty covered by insurance?